Thursday, December 10, 2009

Of Balls and Things

"Hi! My name is Ethan. I'm here in Williamsburg with my Dad, Mom, little baby brother, Grandma, Grandpa and my uncles Jordan and Mark. All this history is getting a bit boring because its slightly over my head and I'm really getting desperate to find something to play with."
"Hmmm...Round things? (Check, check.) Small enough to throw?(Check)...hmmm...Balls?"
"There's so many of them! And all free for the taking!" "Maybe if I collect enough, Mommy and Daddy won't ever have to buy me new balls!" "I think I can fit one more. Like that big, shiny one over there!" "Why aren't you all joining in on all the fun?"
"You really should try it! Sometimes its in the simple things of life that you can find the most enjoyment. Maybe someday I'll find history just as interesting....but I doubt it!" =)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My nephew Ethan has a thing for balls right now. Little or Big, oval or round...it doesn't matter much to him. If it can bounce or he can throw it, he'll be entertained for hours. If theres any circular shaped item within a hundred foot distance from him, he'll find it.

Yesterday, my brother Jerry walked into the kitchen to find Ethan on the floor, with a big grin on his face. Somehow he had managed to open the refridgerator door in order to find his latest item of fascination. Jerry glanced from the mess on the floor to his little son who seemed quite proud of himself as he held up an egg and said "Ball!" before proceeding to chuck it as far as his two year old arms would allow and adding to the mess he had already created.

Funny to the Aunt....not so funny to the Dad...

3 comments:

Lynn said...

lol!!

mike said...

Haha! Maybe he'll grow up to be a pitcher. Hey--! if he's good at throwing things and making a mess, I'm sure he would fit in great with the Cubs or the Bears! =)

Uh-oh! That's probably a bunch of strikes right there, isn't it? Probably more than the Cubs throw. lol Oh well, as long as I'm collecting strikes, I might as well have some fun with it!

Unknown said...

haha! Gabriel was like that as a baby. Anything resembling a ball was for him to play w/. He's turned into quite a good athlete, though... maybe that had something to do w/ it.