Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Oh the wonder of wonders as Mary looked on His face
How that this little boy spoke the worlds in their place.
The stars and the moon shining brightly on them,
the earth and the sun were created by Him!

Oh the wonder of wonders, how could it be,
that God became flesh and was given for me?
The Almighty came down and walked among men,
and the wonder of wonders, He DIED for MY sin!

Oh the wonder of wonders as Mary looked down and smiled,
that He was her maker as well as her child.
He created the womb that has given Him birth
He was God incarnate come down to earth.

Oh the wonder of wonders as she heard His small cry
that this voice had thundered on Mount Sinai.
The small hand she held so tenderly,
had made a dry path through the mighty Red Sea.

Oh the wonder of wonders, how could it be,
that God became flesh and was given for me?
The Almighty came down to walk among men
And the wonder of wonders...He died for my sin!

2 comments:

mike said...

I like it . . . were you holding Cara when you wrote this? It sounds like something holding her might have inspired :)

I've often wondered what it was like for Jesus, being God and a baby at the same time. Either way, I'm glad He was willing to do it. Something tells me that if I was God and had enjoyed the power of being the creator, I would not have wanted to come to earth as a helpless baby. Thankfully, He did!

Chrystal said...

Actually no...Cara wasn't the inspiration behind this. ;) These are the words to a Christmas song that I love listening to each year. Its from Sight and Sounds "Miracle of Christmas" cd and no matter how many times I listen to it the words don't seem to get any less powerful.