Friday, December 11, 2009

Thankful for..

...My Family- with all our quirks and random pet peeves. Contrary to what you may think and despite our sarcasm and constant picking on each other, we really do love each other. No one but my family will ever understand some of our inside jokes and family traditions...and trust me, no one but my family will laugh as hard at them as we do. I'm thankful that my family has kept life interesting and light-hearted even in tough times and that most importantly they've challenged me to pursue God with a greater passion. I'm thankful for Grandparents who taught me that growing old can be fun; who spent time with me and invested in my life. I'm thankful for Aunts and Uncles and Cousins who have filled our house with laughter, good times and special memories; including a box of grapes, candy aisles, hugs, the Sound of Music movie, licourice, teasing, poisen ivy, cameras, and of course, singing around the piano. I'm thankful for Parents who have taken me to church since I was born and have allowed me to be a part of many different ministries; who have taught me through their words and actions. I'm thankful for Sisters who I can be crazy and serious with; who love talking almost just as much as me and who allow me to steal things from their wardrobe. I'm thankful for Brothers who have taught me that I really do need to shut up sometimes; who have gone on many a stupid adventure with me and who still love me despite all my tattling, childhood days. I'm thankful for nephews and a niece to love on and to remind me that simplicity often brings about the most joy.

....Taste -so I can tell the difference between lemonade and clorox. (And yes, they really do look the same when they're in a pitcher! I'm lucky I'm still alive. =)

....God's Word- the peace it brings when I feel troubled, the guidance it gives when I feel lost, the joy it brings when I feel discouraged, the reminders of God's goodness when I begin to doubt and the comfort of knowing it holds the answers to all questions.

....Sunsets - The beauty of God's handiwork seen through them and the reminder that God has been faithful and remained the same in yet another day.

...Pen and Paper- to collect my thoughts and to record on with what seems important at the time.

...Music or Messages- that have uplifted me when I didn't have the desire or the "gumption" to get into God's Word for myself to get the help I needed.

...Friends- who are good enough to tell me when I need to work on something and kind enough to admit that I'm not only one struggling.

...Freedom - to share openly with others about what God has done for me; to witness to the unsaved and also to be encouraged through conversations with fellow Christians.

...Our Lane - I've enjoyed many a peaceful and quiet walk up and down that thing, (and plan on experiencing many more once this weather turns normal again.;) just enjoying the farmland around me and talking to God as I would to any other friend.

...Books- that have taken me places I'd never to get to go otherwise and that have taught me things I'd never learn elsewhere.

...A job- where on days like today, I get to stand in front of an enormous oven. =)

Ok, so yes Thanksgiving was last month and Christmas is just around the corner...but I'm a little bit behind on the times and thought it was high time for me to catch up!

No comments: