Tuesday, September 28, 2010

College Care Package

Loni Fox--- a fun, mischievous, sprinkle throwing, cheese loving, Country Table Fries partner of a friend---sent me an enormous box of goodies. It made my day. See pics below.

The box was like half my size. (And even though my stature may not be that great, it still says something!)


She sent me enough noodles to last until I die! (15 packages to be exact, and I still have some left over from the first box she gave me =)


Loni's love for fruit loops has been a known cause in finding her eating them for supper. Pure Sugar!!!!

All of the goodies --- minus the nice letter along with inspiring quotes such as "If you think dogs don't count, try putting three dog treats in your pocket and only give Fido two." ;) The box was actually very practical with important things such as stationary, stamps, envelopes, shampoo, conditioner, Dark Chocolate Peanut M&Ms and more.




We put the packing peanuts to good use and made a colossal mess while we were at it.


We decided to share the surprise by allowing other students to discover something in their boxes.



Care Packages, Letters, E-mails and Phone Calls are the thin thread that keeps college students from going over the brink. Thanks Loni! (I think I shall be finding packing peanuts in random places for the next month. =)

1 comment:

mike said...

Hey, I just had an idea! Do you think you could fit in that box if it was closed up? I'm thinking you might not need to pay for expensive flight tickets after all. Why fly when you can go UPS for a fraction of the price? =)

I wonder if I could find a box big enough to get me out there? . . .

It looks like you would have enough supplies there to set out on the Oregon trail. Maybe you should open a store in your dorm and start selling some of it off to the highest bidders! j/k However, if you did that I'm pretty sure you wouldn't see another care package from Loni again.