Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Good God and Mercy I don't Deserve

Devotions. Why is it that they can become so hard to have but then every time I go God's Word, I wonder how I ever stayed away from it for so long? I'm ashamed to admit how pathetic my devotions have been recently, for if you were look at the the amount and quality of time I've spent with Him recently, you'd think I didn't care very much about Him. However, on Monday, God used a girlfriend to help me get into His Word for an extended time and it was just refreshing to study out this verse.

"Psalm 108:4 - "For Thy mercy is above the heavens and Thy truth reacheth unto the clouds."

According to the dictionary, Mercy is kindness in excess of what may be expected or demanded by fairness. It's also the power to forgive.

So, God's loyalty (truth) to us and our ability to depend on Him because of His absoluteness (truth) is great---unto the clouds! BUT His kindness goes beyond our trust and is there for us even when we don't deserve it---It goes ABOVE the heavens! Now that's high!

Why is He so good to us?

No comments: